Apologies for being MIA over the past couple of weeks! I had all intentions of writing some posts this weekend but then this happened and ruined all my plans in the best way possible..
This post contains affiliate links
I figured I'd change things up around here today and do a fashion haul for something a little different! As much as I love makeup, I love clothing an equal amount. Usually I don't buy a lot of clothing but since Christmas I've made a few purchases and I thought I'd share them with you guys today.
1. This white tee from SheIn is no longer available in white but you can still get it in grey and black. I am actually planning to do an entire post on my mini SheIn haul with more information on the website and ordering tips so be sure to keep an eye out for that!
2. This Criss-Cross Top is also from SheIn so again, keep an eye out for the review in the near future. I love this one and wear it quite often!
3. I am trying to be more active and with that comes buying new workout clothes. I loved my other pair of Old Navy compression leggings so much that I grabbed them in this gorgeous purple color as well.
4. I also picked up a basic pair of black compression pants from Old Navy. While I love the fun colors, it's nice to have some neutrals as well to mix and match.
5. This "Weekend Vibes" tee from Old Navy is the most comfortable shirt ever, not to mention that it will look awesome in an Instagram post. Seriously though, it's a bit long so it's perfect for wearing with leggings and it is so comfortable. I sized down to an XS based on the reviews but it is a bit tight in the arms, just FYI!
6. I actually picked up these Adidas sneakers to wear to work but I didn't realize until now that they are actually girl's sneakers and not women's! Having size 5 feet means that I can wear kids sneakers and bonus - they are usually cheaper! These aren't the most comfortable sneakers that I've ever worn but they have a high arch that fits my foot perfectly.
7. This choker is yet another SheIn purchase and the last one from my mini haul. I wasn't sure about the choker trend initially but now I am totally on board!
8. How cute is this racerback tank from Old Navy? I am obsessed with the colors and the detail on the back. It's super affordable too!
9. The Twist-Back Tank is no longer available in the grey "Gym Hair, Don't Care" version so I'm glad I snagged it when I had the chance! This pairs perfectly with the purple pants and has the cutest twist back strap.
10. I had been eyeing this Waterfall Sweater Cardigan at Pseudio for a long time but I couldn't justify spending $80 on a cardigan. Thankfully I found it in the clearance section for a mere $22 and I am so glad I did. It is very long and made of a warm material which makes me feel like I'm wearing a blanket in public. What more could you ask for?
11. Dynamite has been killing it with the spring collection and I fell in love with this Floral Cold Shoulder as soon as I saw it on the rack. Thankfully when I tried it on it just so happened to be super flattering as well as gorgeous! I also really wanted to buy this one but sadly it was only there in XS which was too tight across the chest. I am trying to be good and not order it online but I make no promises!
I also picked up these adorable flats from the kids section at Old Navy. I swear they are cuter in person, I think they just used a really small size for the photo. I really wanted the black pair but they were sold out in my size. I also grabbed a pair of nude flats that were 90% off which made them $3 but because I had exchanged the previous pair for a new size and the price had decreased, I actually got both pairs of shoes and they owed me $3.70! Speaking of money back, if you haven't yet signed up for Ebates yet, I don't know what you're waiting for! I use Ebates whenever I shop online and get cash back on all my purchases from Sephora, Old Navy, Amazon and more! I got a cheque in the mail from Ebates just a few weeks ago so they are totally legit.
Let me know if you guys want to continue seeing fashion hauls! By the way, I've also recently added a Shop section to my blog which features my current favourite items as well as some things on my wishlist! I plan to update it weekly so be sure to keep checking back!
This post contains affiliate links
To be honest, I hadn't followed the hype of the Anastasia Beverly Hills x Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit until I was allowed early access as a VIB Rouge customer at Sephora but after that, I couldn't get this product off my mind! I debated whether I really needed another highlighting palette (no, the answer is no!) but it was so pretty that I just couldn't resist. I ordered it and planned to have a review up last weekend but for some unknown reason, my normal 2-day shipping took over a week!
How pretty is this? I am obsessed with all things pink and rose gold right now so naturally I was drawn to this palette for that reason, despite the fact that the warm-toned colors aren't necessarily suited to my pale skin tone. The packaging has a super fine micro sparkle which looks so pretty in person and the palette is quite sturdy to hold. The downside of this packaging is that the palette doesn't include a mirror and it is certainly big enough and feels bare without one.
I haven't tried any of the other Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kits so I cannot compare the formula of the product to those. They are quite soft to touch but the glitter prevents them from being totally buttery. I've seen some people complain about the amount of glitter in these so keep that in mind if you are someone who prefers a sheen as opposed to an actual glitter bomb glow. That being said, the glitter is very fine and not at all chunky so it doesn't bother me. The shades are incredibly pigmented but blend out nicely, however, as I suspected, not all of these colors are going to work on my pale skin.
Kitty Kat - pinkish rose gold
Forever Young - rose gold
Daydream - creamsicle orange
Forever Lit - holographic silvery-white with blue undertones
Glo Getter - orangey gold
143 - copper gold
My three favourite are Kitty Kat, Forever Young and Forever Lit. Daydream is an absolute write off for me as it will never work as a highlight on my skintone. Glo Getter and 143 are quite similar in color and may be useable in the summertime with a tan. Is this palette really worth it for me considering that I can only use half of the shades on a regular basis? No, not really.. but I will keep it regardless as the shades that I can use are gorgeous. Also, I have incredibly pale skin so while this isn't the best for my skin tone, I think it would be great for anyone who is a medium skin tone or above.
The Anastasia Beverly Hills x Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit is available at Sephora online and in-store for $59 CAD.
"Love Yourself" by Dashboard Confessional | My 8th grade self is overjoyed by new Dashboard Confessional music and it just so happens that my favourite song is a cover of Justin Bieber's "Love Yourself". I'm not a fan of the original but I've been listening to this cover on repeat!
"Stay in the Dark" by The Band Perry | Apparently The Band Perry are taking a pop route with their new album and while I was initially skeptical, I am a big fan of this song. Perfect for singing along with in the car!
Old Navy Mid-Rise Printed Compression Crops | I picked up a pair of these compression crops at Old Navy a couple weeks ago and I've since placed an order for more. I love the style, plus they are super comfortable and affordable!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss | I dedicated an entire post to my love of the Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss in Orchid and I don't see the obsession ending anytime soon. Jordan actually gave me another one in "Purple Rain", so keep an eye out for that review!
Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette | I wrote a thorough review on this palette yesterday but I couldn't leave it off the list considering it has been the palette I've been reaching for most often this month!
Acure Aromatherapeutic Rose Argan Oil | I received this in a box from M² Brand Management and it has been saving my dry winter skin! My skin is normally combination-oily but this time of year it turns dry and flaky. I've been using this oil at night and I haven't experienced any dryness since!
Riverdale | If you follow me on Twitter then you've probably already realized my obsession with Riverdale. It feels like forever since I've been obsessed with a TV show and this one is filling the void! We binge-watched all the episodes on Netflix last weekend and now I am waiting (im)patiently for each new episode.
And last but not least..
My new layout! If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to hop on over and check it out! I am so in love. I purchased it from Syncboost on Easy and it cost me less than $10 to buy plus they installed it for free! I mean, does it get any better than that? I have to update my pages in the near future as well but overall, I am so, so pleased and I highly recommend their services! Also, credit to the gorgeous watercolour art used in the header goes to Fox and Hazel!
What have you been loving this month? Leave me a comment below!
Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the Too Faced Sweet Peach collection was one of the most highly coveted beauty releases of 2016. I missed out on the initial release of the eyeshadow palette at Sephora but managed to snag it (with a sweet discount!) from the Too Faced website just after Christmas. During my last trip to Sephora, I planned to pick up one of their Sweet Peach lip oils but unfortunately the store was out of stock of the colors I was interested in. However, they did have a mini version available as a 100 point perk so I grabbed one to try! Now that I've had adequate time to test these products, I've decided to share my thoughts with you guys!
Upon opening the adorable orange and pink eyeshadow palette, my first impression was "Wow, this smells delicious!". Too Faced is known for making products that smell good enough to eat and this one is no exception. It smells exactly like fuzzy peach candy! I also appreciate that the palette case is durable, with a metallic snap to open and close, and features a mirror on the inside.
The palette has 18 shades, most of which are in the peach and bronze category, but also contains some plum (despite "Delectable" looking like a bright purple in the photo above) and green shades. There is a good combination of shimmery and matte shades that will allow you to create a variety of looks.
The shades are soft to touch and have good pigmentation, with the exception of a couple lighter shades (Georgia and White Peach). They are a bit chalky and I do experience some fall out on application, but I find that is common with soft shadows. The shimmery shades are the real winners in this palette as they are extremely pigmented and look gorgeous on the lid. Too Faced claims that the shadows are infused with "anti-oxidant rich" peach essence and while I cannot speak to that claim, they sure do smell great!
Of all the shades, I use Peaches 'N Cream, Luscious, Puree, Summer Yum and Charmed, I'm Sure the most for every day wear. There are so many great shade options to mix and match in here, though, that you could easily use this palette to create day or night looks and I can definitely see myself taking this palette on my travels.
As with the palette, I had heard a lot of bloggers raving about the Sweet Peach lip oils. I was looking to try Peach Please or Peach Tease but they were out of stock at my store. The mini lip oil that they had available was in the shade Pure Peach, which is described as a "peachy pink". The lip oil has the same sweet peach scent as the eyeshadows, but I find it a bit sickly on my lips. I love how moisturizing and comfortable the lip oil feels, however, I was quite disappointed in the color. I am not sure if it is a bad batch or just this particular color, but I found it quite streaky and uneven and the color definitely clung to any dry patches. So despite the fact that it feels lovely on my dry lips, it doesn't look lovely! I am tempted to buy a full sized lip oil to see if I get similar results because aside from that, I really do enjoy it.
|Too Faced Sweet Peach lip oil in "Pure Peach"|
You can pick up the Too Faced Sweet Peach collection on their website or at Sephora (online or in store). The collection contains the eyeshadow palette and lip gloss, as well as a highlighting palette and blush, with prices ranging from $24-59 CAD.
Have you tried anything from the Too Faced Sweet Peach collection? I'd love to hear your thoughts!